bird explosion

Once upon a time my sweet friend Misty bought me a little birdy.



She likes birds. I liked the birdy she gave me. Every time I saw a birdy, I thought of her. So then I was seeing birdies all the time. And she was seeing them all the time and thinking of me. Before we knew it, we were both all about birdies.

Then I was introduced to the world of blogging. Well, partial truth. I knew about blogging. I'd spent countless millions of hours on adoption blogs when we were researching adoption. But I didn't know there were housey blogs. The first housey blog anyone told me about was The Nester, which is a great place to start. It's also the best place to waste hundreds of hours when you should be vacuuming doghair tumbleweeds or folding laundry or finding one piece of clothing that doesn't have baby spit on it. Anyway. The Nester is also way into birdies. Cool. We should be buddies, me and that Nester.

I've been noticing birdies and their gaining popularity.
Other blogs. Other stores. Etsy. Pillows. Shirts. Baby clothes. Baby bedding.

Enter the new Pottery Barn Catalog. Oh.My.Goodness.
Bird Explosion.
Twenty three different birdy items.

Look! They are here:




And here:




Hark! A lark!



And apparently, there are even birdies for you birdy-haters.
You can light them* on fire:





Birdy Sightings on pillows, bedding, prints, plates, napkins, placemats, tapestries, a diffuser and more!

Man, I am such a trend-setter.

 *Absolutely no birdies were harmed in the making of this post. 

3 comments:

  1. Funny, I was just in my local Pottery Barn store today and I noticed the big bird theme going on. They also had lots of pretty eggs; not sure if they were for sale, or just store props.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to in my own home and I don't much care for real birds! The candle comment is funny- I said the same thing about squirrel candles I saw at PB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, we are awesome.
    Second, birds are awesome(the cute ones).
    Third, I am glad we are friends.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :: Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin