the BIG reveal

I am super excited. Really excited. Really really super excited.
{Can you tell that I'm excited?}

I finally get to reveal to you the tragic death of bad bad leroy brown, and introduce to you my fabulous new house. Well, it's not really new. It's the same one. But it definitely looks {and feels} like a whole new place to me. And that's very exciting, in case you were wondering. Very.

Ok, so first I show you the before. {Brace yourself.} Enter Bad Bad Leroy Brown:



And now for a close up:


Eeek. The terror. Moving on. So I've been updating. Well, it took over three years of living here, but then I started updating. This stuff takes time. And moola. And good things come to those who wait. So hang on, and I'll get to the good-er stuff.

First thing to do is get rid of the sad pink brick. The picture looks a little better than it was in real life {shocker}. The brick was this "watercolor" pink and purpley yuckyness. It was awful. Combine that with the butter yellow trim and door, and you've got yourself some kind of sick, twisted, grown - up barbie palace knockoff. You know the kind. Like the ones at the dollar store called Farbie. Well, this Farbie Dreamhouse was more like nightmare to me. So I painted it. And I even gave you a sneak peek of the door and maybe a tiny bit more. Go on. If you want to refresh your memory or cheat, I'll wait. I understand. The pressure is intense.

Oh, good you're back. So I painted it. And it was looking better. See?


Progress. But it still needs more. Let's add some shutters. Fancy black raised panel shutters.


Isn't it fun how fast things go on blogs? And also how different that paint color looks? {Do you like that one sad plant that we saved?}
We're looking much prettier, but now we need to work on function. Our sidewalk is like a lake every time it rains four raindrops. So out with the old...


And in with a lovely new sidewalk with a gentle curve. Oh and one super cute baby. Then, it's time for my favoritestest part. The part I've been waiting for since the day we moved into the house. Are you ready? I'm excited to reveal to you ...


My fancy almost-new house!!!





So it's not completely finished. It needs a little rock in front of the sidewalk to look even. And I clearly need more photos of how amazing it is. And the grass needs to grow over the long trench we had to dig for drainage, but it's a great big amazing change for me. Now I smile every time I pull into the driveway. And now I won't be embarrassed to invite people over in the daytime. 'Cause I'm not sad that they have to see the outside of my house. Need one more visual? Ok, twist my arm.

Before:

After:

Yay!!! Oh, and since Bad Bad Leroy Brown is gone, she needs a fun and sassy spunky new name. Please feel free to make some suggestions! I'm linking up to every single party I can find because this is so very exciting!!!

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful, perfect paint choice and the shutters make a tremendous difference!
    Enjoy! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. The before pics were pretty.But the painted house is perfect! The color is gorgeous. I know you are excited to have it done.It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOW!

    It looks so good. I'll never be tired of looking at befores and afters of painted brick! Now all you need is a deep black window box under that window!

    It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks grand. Love those shutters! The black color really adds tons to the character of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! What a great gift to unwrap each and every time you walk out your door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks AMAZING! What a great transformation. You SHOULD be super excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very nice! You've done a great job!
    For a name...are we sticking with songs? Because if we are, I like Suzy Q.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! How fun it must be to drive up to a new house! Love the shutters!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, incredible. it just updates the whole exterior!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fab make-over :) almost as random as me finding your blog and posting a comment to a stranger.. lol the name "Fiona" popped in my head when you said the house needed a new name.. :) Happy enjoying your "new" house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!! I'm a HUGE fan of black shutters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY Cow! It looks so amazing! Impressive

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! There are SO many houses in our neighborhood that could use this same sort of overhaul! It seems everyone was obsessed with that yicky brick in the 70's when they were building houses - only they used yellow and brown here. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award! Please visit my blog to receive your award. www.thedanidaily.blogspot.com

    Keep up the fabulous blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great! I love the landscaping too. Good job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! It looks great, almost like a whole 'nother house! Amazing how blog time does move more quickly isn't it? ;)

    Michelle @ FTSN

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Mustang Sally". All you want to do is ride around Sally...

    Totally sassy. Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Total transformation, it doesn't look the same at all. I bet it was scarey making the decision to do it. GREAT JOB AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love painted brick! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Wow!!! You have a super cute house!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE-LOVE the transformation!!
    How hard is it to paint brick? Is there special paint for that??

    Ohh.. ideas for me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was popping over to congratulate you on your feature on Before & After and I've already commented...how could I forget that? Is it sad that I cracked myself up too?

    (p.s how'd your swap go?)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a transformation. It does look like a totally different house. What color is it. I like it alot and I've been to Sherwin Williams looking around. We are thinking about painting ours. Right now it is tan and faded. Needs a boost.


    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! What a gorgeous makeover! Thanks for sharing :) I can see why you're so excited! it looks fabulous!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stopping by from Better After and I must say "WOWZA!"

    Mustang Sally, ha ha, Old and Wiser is a crack up. I like it!

    Enjoy,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks great! What a difference! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! Your house looks amazing! Would you mind sharing the paint color you used? We signed a contract on a new brick home today (yay!) and it's definitely gonna need a paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous!!! It looks like a completely different house, great job!
    lifeofperks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks fabulous... isn't it nice when your vision actually becomes reality. You did an amazing job. Love your stones around your flower bed too, such a nice touch.

    Now give yourself a big pat on the back you deserve it... oh yeah and the guys too...lol

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  30. What is the exterior paint color you used?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :: Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin