I Just Can't Do It

I know that fall is right around the corner. I know! I keep seeing fancy displays and even Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff in stores. Every magazine and catalog that arrives in my mailbox has a full cover photo of some delicious fall scene. Even at Starbucks they've already brought back the Pumpkin Spice Lattes or whatever they are calling them this year.

But I just. Can't. Do. It.

It's still 298347 degrees outside with 29783% humidity. It feels like the surface of the sun. I can't even pretend that I'm considering it to nearly be fall. My friend Glo wrote about fabricating seasons. I should take her advice. She lives in the desert. No the real desert. Hey, wanna hear a joke? Why is desert spelled with only one "s"? Because it's too dry to grow two. Ha. I learned that in fifth grade and I still think about it every single time I write desert or dessert. Does that make me as smart as a fifth grader? Hmm. Moving on.

I just can't make it fall in my house. But I've started thinking about it. I made a list and will keep adding to it until I decide it's really fall. Which, maybe will be September 1. Or more likely September 15. Maybe it will be less than 98 degrees by then?

I saw this cutie in one of my catalogs and I think I'm going to try and make one! Well, without the shiny jacket or top hat. Ok, maybe the top hat. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I would totally keep the top hat, but do away with the jacket! It is still in the high 90's here so I can't make myself decorate yet either! It will probably be the last week of September for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I love your almost-fall decor in the next piece, I'm feeling a little the same way.
    It's a beeee-ooo-tiful day here today and it irritates me a bit that so many bloggers are rushing headlong toward winter!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :: Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin