Bonus Room :: A Poll

Hi folks. I'm working on a few different projects, and hopefully I can finish at least one of them to show you soon. The lack of pictures and finished projects around here is getting me down. We've had some teething issues, some sickness issues and some weather issues, but I think it's finally starting to look up around here -- well, except the weather, but that's not really in my control.

Today I have a poll for you. I hope you'll chime in and tell me what you think.

Sorry for the stinky pictures. It's bad weather and bad lighting and now nighttime. 

We have two living spaces.
We use one. So the other has got to go.

The couch is going to a friend who is moving into her very own dreamy house soon.  And there are two armless chairs which could go (hello craigslist!) or stay, depending on the new use of the room. The room is open to the kitchen and dining room, but doesn't work as well for a traditional living room/family room/den-type room. It really only has two walls: the one with the giant window and the long one the couch is on. Otherwise, there's kinda a walkway from that backdoor {on the left in the above picture} to the kitchen and the rest of the house. The picture below is the walkway wall.

This is the daytime light and a much better representation of the color. 
{And the mess usual to this house when rearranging.}


So, here's the poll:
If you had a bonus room, what would it be? What room in your house do you wish had more space? Have you used a room for something other than what it's meant for? Please share your tips and tricks. I'm anxious to here your suggestions and excited about all the possibilities!

7 comments:

  1. Could it be an office? I can't really tell from your photos how big it is. Our "extra" space is for the kids wii....but there is a door so I don't have to hear it.

    OR

    You could sell your chairs and use that money to buy a pole. I'm sure your hubby won't mind a bit and would be more than happy to install it for you. Plenty of room to move around, if you know what I'm sayin.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, as I hit publish I just saw that the title was "Bonus Room: A POLL" Now I'm about to pee my pants laughing. You had it right all along, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is rather tricky without seeing the layout of the house, the types of other rooms you have, and knowing your family's lifestyle and preferences. But, I guess we could brainstorm mud-room, media room, crafts room, games room, exercise room, man-cave, kid-cave, reading room....
    In actual fact we have a small, extra, downstairs room and I think it's most likely I'll make it a little quiet reading space. Exercise room is second favorite. But so much depends on your family's needs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think a cozy reading area and library would be wonderful. I would love a big mudroom! Do you have an office? Excercise room or craft rooms are great, but if it is open to the other spaces, that might not work. I know I am glad my craft room has a door! ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment. I have seen some great things for spring with the moss runners and place mats. SO fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about turning it into a Starbucks? That would be awesome and you could make some extra money...
    I like the office/library idea...hello cute writing desk...
    If you are going to close off the space then I say craft room or Nifty Gifty studio...

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of my rooms are pretty clearly defined in my house and I don't really feel like I'm missing anything as far as rooms (well, I would like a window seat, but that's not really a room :-))What do you NEED or WANT? How about a blogging space? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a story-and-a-half and we never go upstairs. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Basically, it's wasted space. So we've decided to turn one of the rooms into a "library" of sorts. In all reality it will probably be a room for all the things that do not "fit" into the decor anywhere else. But I'm thinking that won't work for you considering it's all out in the open!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :: Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin