I Dare Ya


Don't worry. We're not running anywhere. I'm only running if a big hungry bear is chasing me. 

I've heard of FlyLady before. Once I even had her little reminders on my google homepage, but I didn't really get it. 

Then I kept seeing her. All over blog land. She's popular. I mean, she's really really popular. So I thought I'd check her out. Last night, I went to her homepage and then found the Beginner Baby Steps.  Now that's what I need!

I don't actually want to admit I need help. I was raised to be a stong, capable, well rounded, individual woman who can-do-all. Weren't you? {I'm not that good at it.} FlyLady has this phrase about living in C.H.A.O.S. (the can't have anyone over syndrome) and while I don't feel like I live there now, I know I have and I am afraid I am standing on the corner peering in. Or maybe I'm renting the house next door. Either way, I was curious and now I'm trying it out. 

I'm looking for friends and support, so if you are living in C.H.A.O.S. -- or hanging out on the porch like me, go to her website, sign up, and let's give it a try! 


Oh, and don't forget my giveaway. It's the post below. : )
--------------------------------


So the first challenge is to shine your sinks. Well, I started to. Then when the bleach was sitting, soaking in, my dear sweet hubband drained it and poured his diet coke in the sink. With a splash. This is going to be one big challenge! 

4 comments:

  1. I know Fly Lady has a huge and worshipful following but frankly, she's not for me.

    Her philosophy seems to be to strive for perfection, and if you work your *ss off every day, your home will shine.

    I prefer to accept that my home will never be perfect, that it's better for it to be happy and healthy than spotless and sterile, and I'd rather snuggle with hubby on the couch than shine a sink.

    Did I mention I'm naturally lazy too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of FlyLady but will definitely check her out :) I'm natually lazy too, but like a clean house....and shiny sink at that. I like Hope's Stainless Steel Polish.

    All you have to do is rinse out all the food & gunk that are in the sink, spray Hope's and wipe it down with a paper towel or micro-fiber cloth. It takes like 3 minutes and looks amazing! You can get it at Bed Bath & Beyond or Home Depot for about $6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I heard of the flylady years ago...before blogging was really popular. She has great tips. Good luck! Also, thanks for visiting my blog. If you lived closer I would seriously give you my headboard when I find another one. Let me know if you ever visit Gettysburg & save some trunk space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Best Friend,

    I am lucky if I have time to do my laundry on a monthly basis or vaccuum before people come over, let alone shine my sink! When she comes up for a magical cure for getting rid of cat hair let me know, but until then, I suppose I will just be happy living in my messy little world.

    Love,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments :: Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin